Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment.
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development.
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care.
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
- Safeguarding includes child protection, health care plans, health and safety, site security, safety on school trips, anti-bullying work and so much more.
- The school’s Safeguarding Team consists of:
- Mrs Alison Stephenson - Headteacher, DSL
- Mrs Lisa Higgins, Deputy DSL
- Mrs Cheryl Kimber, Deputy DSL
- Mrs Emma Stone, Safeguarding Governor
The school adheres to the following three DFE safeguarding documents:
And the following Church of England Education Office document:
Berkshire West Safeguarding Children Partnership website links below: